Roma host FC Porto at the Olympics on Tuesday at 20:00 in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League first knockout round. The dragons arrive in this round after five wins in the last games of group D, finishing in first place. Roma were second in Group G, behind Real Madrid, holder of the trophy, but lost in the last two days. FC Porto have an unblemished record against Roma in the European cups, adding up two qualifiers in other so many qualifiers, achieved with two triumphs and other equalities. However, for the total number of games with Italian teams, the dragons have eight wins, nine draws and 13 losses. The Roman side reached the semi-finals last season, having eliminated Shakhtar and Barcelona before falling to Liverpool. Already the Portuguese side were knocked out with a heavy defeat in the last 16 of last season, losing to 0-5 at home to Liverpool, then drawing to zero in England. Who will win the game for the second leg in Portugal?
AS Roma vs Porto
- In four of Rome’s last five games in their stadium both teams have scored.
- In four of Porto’s last five away away matches both teams have scored.
- Roma have scored in the last five games in the visiting condition.
- In the three matches of FC Porto in the group stage away from home both teams scored.
- AS Roma qualified from the second place of the group G with 3 wins and 3 defeats. A balanced group with CSKA Moscow, Plzen and Real Madrid. The Romanians could not claim the first position, the paper calculations have come true. Olimpico Rome has only scored 2 goals in this competition, 0-2 with Real Madrid. A 3-0 with Tsska Moscow and 5-0 with Plzen.
- Let’s not forget that in the previous season Rome played the semi-final of the Champions League with Liverpool, the English qualified 7-6 in general. The Italians eliminated Fc Barcelona in the quarter-finals. Giallarossi plays the first hand at home, is not necessarily an advantage, Rome was not too constant in the results this season, neither in Serie A nor in the Champions League.
- Rome scored every time in 14 of the last 17 Champions League games, a staccato on the Stadio Olimpico.
- Eusebio Di Francesco has some batch problems. Robin Olsen and Patrik Schick are injured. Kostas Manolas is also uncertain. Cengiz Under and Diego Perotti are also in the infirmary of the club, are unlikely to play. We should see Antonio Mirante in the goal. Kolarov and Pharaoh Stephan El Shaarawy scored in the last match of Bentegodi against Chievo, a formation that still struggles to relegate. Bosnian Edin Dzeko also scored, there are great expectations from the number one of Rome’s attack. Daniele De Rossi and Lorenzo Pellegrini were recovered after the injuries suffered.
- FC Porto finished in first position of Group D without defeat. There was only one draw, 1-1 away from Gelsenkirchen on the Veltins Arena with Schalke.
- A balanced group at first glance with two other bands, Galatasaray and Lokomotiv Moscow.
- Fc Porto scored in all 6 games played in the group. A good go-go 7: 4. The team trained by Sergio Conceicao has not lost in the last 5 games, but has three draws in these disputes. Conceicao also has some absences, Vincent Aboubakar and Moussa Marega are injured, Jesus Corona is suspended for the first leg. The dragon gate is veteran Iker Casillas, a player with great club-level experience. In attack Tiquinho and Yacine Brahimi are the main dangers for Rome’s defenses.
- FC Porto has only 4 victories against Italian bands, 3 draws and 7 defeats. Porto has an average of 2.5 goals scored this season in the Champions League.
- It may be the absences of Vincent Aboubakar and Moussa Marega, but the Brazilian Tiquinho is also a golfer, has 9 goals scored in the championship. Algerian Yacine Brahimi also has 2 crucial passes in the Champions League, very active on the flanks.
Football Prediction of the Day AS Roma vs Porto
Roma have won eight of their last 16 games at the Rome Olympics in the Champions League. But they face a Porto that has not lost in this competition since their home defeat by Liverpool last season. We believe therefore that both teams will reach the goal.
Bet Tips: Both teams score